This military bunker is part of the Línea P (P Line), a fortified defensive line built in the Pyrenees between 1944 and 1948 to protect Spanish territory. Constructed under the government of General Franco following the Spanish Civil War, the P Line was designed to prevent potential invasions from France during the final years of World War II. The bunkers were built using reinforced concrete and were strategically positioned along the mountainous border, with some located at high altitudes up to 2,507 meters above sea level.
These structures formed part of a broader defensive network that included tunnels and interconnected bunkers, reflecting Spain's military preparedness during a period of international tension.