This bunker is part of the Línea P, a fortified defensive line built in the Pyrenees between 1944 and 1948 during the early Cold War period. Officially known as the Pyrenees Defense Organisation (Organización Defensiva de los Pirineos), the line was constructed by Franco's government to prevent potential Allied invasion of Spanish territory following the Spanish Civil War. The defensive network spans approximately 500 km along the Pyrenees mountain range, utilizing the natural barrier formed by the mountains.
This particular bunker represents one of the 3,147 documented structures that make up the Línea P system, which includes command posts, observation points, and fortified positions designed to defend Spain's northern border.